- Job Title
IT OFFICER POSITION (1)
- Duty Station
- Duties Brief
This position entails delivering ICT Support by diligently logging incidents and promptly responding to user calls and email requests. The role also involves providing expert ICT technical support to users, ensuring the smooth operation of ICT systems and infrastructure, and troubleshooting issues as they arise. He will also be responsible for ensuring that all ICT systems are up and running and that any issues are resolved promptly to minimize downtime and optimize productivity.
· Provide support to all staff by answering phones, logging and assigning tickets for a timely resolution, ensuring that all queries and issues are resolved promptly ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems, and tools are correctly applied to support them.
· Manage and maintain IT security by implementing and monitoring firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and disaster recovery plans to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the organization's information.
· Set up, support, maintain and troubleshoot hardware, software, networks, printers, and peripherals ensuring they are in good working condition and available for use when needed.
· Install and update approved software for users/staff as required, ensuring that all systems are up-to-date and compatible with the organization's IT infrastructure.
· Implement, maintain, and monitor backup solutions and disaster recovery plans for the organization's data and information, ensuring that all critical data is backed up regularly and securely for business continuity in line with the risk and regulatory frameworks.
· Liaise with internet service providers to maintain constant availability of internet services, ensuring that users have access to the internet when needed.
· Work closely with the communications team or project leads to support the development and maintenance of the organization's or study websites.
· Assist in the verification of ICT purchases and the disposal of ICT items while working with the stores and procurement departments.
- Qualification Required
Qualifications and other desirables for the job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Systems.
- At least 2 years experience in Information Technology/Communication support, telephony systems, wide and local area networks.
- Experience in Windows server configurations (ADDS, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP, print server, WSUS, Windows backup, etc), server virtualization, high availability and load balancing configuration, and other Windows server installations.
- Knowledge of computer systems/networks and a range of software applications.
- Exceptional technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems in particular for managing and configuring authority and organization LANs and WANs.