- Job Title
- Duty Station
KUMI, OYAM ,KABONG
- Duties Brief
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Enter any data collected from the community survey.
· Backup and upload data from the tablets at the end of each field day.
· Load GPS coordinates files onto the hand-held GPS devices at the time of surveys.
· Reconcile paper records (logs and forms) with the electronic data bases.
· Participate in routine troubleshooting, and offering IT support.
· Liaise with field teams, study coordinators, supervisors and data manager to investigate and rectify data queries.
· Ensure accuracy and completeness of data entered.
· Keep secure and in good condition any equipment (laptops, tablets, hard drives, etc.).
· Maintain confidentiality of records and research findings as appropriate.
· Coordinate with the clinicians in packaging and transportation of samples from the field to Kampala Molecular Lab.
· Take part in regular team meetings.
· Submit weekly updates to supervisor and quarterly achievements.
Key Result Areas/Outputs (approximately 5)
1) Data Backup and upload on daily basis.
2) Reconciliation of paper logs data and electronic data.
3) Coordinating transfer of blood samples from the field to Kampala.
4) Offering IT support to the teams.
5) Updating handheld GPS with coordinates files as teams move from one MRC to another.
- Qualification Required
Qualifications and other desirables for the job:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Statistics or related field from a recognized institution.
2. Good skills in data entry and cleaning.
3. IT support skills.
4. GCP and HSP training certificates.
5. Must have excellent Computer skills.